Bread, tomatoes, and cheese are three of life’s truly great pleasures. There are few things in the world better than the feeling of a carbohydrate high. Some studies have suggested that cheese contains compounds that set off the pleasure centers in our brain. Throw in a great glass of red wine, and you are essentially experiencing heaven on Earth. Though seafood restaurants might impress with their expansive menus, and the newest fusion restaurant in town might make you feel super trendy, there is nothing quite like eating at Italian restaurants. Whether its a date night, a family dinner, or just a Tuesday that you do not feel like cooking, Italian restaurants are always there to welcome you in with a hug of pasta, salads, and the perfect glass of wine. Though the list could go on forever, here are the top 5 reasons that Italian restaurants take the cake in the battle of cuisines.
1) Comfort Food If there is one thing that Italian restaurants most certainly blow away the competition in, it’s creating dishes that help you unwind from a stressful day. There are few things that drown sorrows better than a big plate of pasta, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has ever left an Italian restaurant hungry.
2) Keep It Clean If comfort food is not what you’re craving, Italian restaurants are also great at providing healthier options. More than half of all Americans want to see healthier or cleaner options when choosing a restaurant, and Italian restaurants certainly won’t disappoint on this front. Whether it’s a great salad or a lighter seafood based dish, you can imbibe in the joys of Italian cooking without tempting a food coma later.
3) Don’t Break the Bank Choosing a restaurant with affordable options is important. Americans spend more than 1.5 billion dollars each year on eating out in restaurants, and they almost universally want value for their dollar. Italian restaurants, especially smaller, family owned businesses, often offer folks great value for their money.
4) Set the Mood Italian restaurants are a classic choice for first dates, and for good reason. Most anyone can find something on a menu they would like, there is the promise of a decent wine list to help with the social jitters. Plus, just being in the general vicinity of all of those Italian words sets the tone for romance.
5) Keep Your Options Open Around 78% of Americans want a broad range of options on a restaurant menu. Italian restaurants are great for someone who looks for this when dining out. Italian restaurants usually offer classic Italian dishes, while also providing options to appeal to those with more particular taste preferences.