Your frustration grows every time that you pull into the garage. Stacked on top of the refrigerator in the space in front of your car is a virtual tower of things that rarely get used. From a ridiculously popular combination crock pot and pressure cooker that you bought last Christmas to the automatic citrus juicer that your sister gave your vegetarian daughter, these items area daily reminder of the efforts you are not making to eat better. This summer, however, you are determined to change all of that. This may not be the time of the year for the crick pot or pressure cooker meals, but there are plenty of drinks that sound refreshing if you learn how to use the automatic citrus juicer.
This is definitely the time of the year when many people are looking for a way to make sure that they are eating a more healthy diet. No matter what kind of diet you are attempting to follow, it is important to note that fruit is always a healthy choice.
Both Regular and Commercial Juice Machines Offer a Number of Fresh Fruit Drink Options
Finding a way to eat the most healthy kind of food is a goal of many people. Too often, however, many of us have grand plans that we never quite follow through on. When you make the decision to really eat the most healthy diet, however, you are able to reach both your weight and your fitness goals.
Did you know, for instance, that an eight-ounce cup of unsweetened pineapple juice only contains approximately 130 calories, 33 mg of calcium, and 30 mg of magnesium? What it does pack in this pure pineapple juice, of course, is bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. This enzyme has also been found to help treat sports injuries by reducing both bruising and swelling. Pineapple juice is just one of the many kinds of fresh juices that you can enjoy in your own home if you invest in a smaller professional juicer.
The benefits of juicing have long played a factor in the commercial food industry. In fact, during the past 10 years, the juice bar industry has grown into a global market that is valued at $9 billion. Now, however, there are many individuals who are looking for a way to make sure that juicer machines can produce the same results in their own kitchens. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the many times when getting that juicer out of the box on top of the garage refrigerator is a great idea:
- The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends several cups of fruits and vegetables every day. Unfortunately, as many as 70% of Americans do not meet these daily recommendations.
- Americans consumed 6.6 gallons of juices per capita in the year 2015.
- Apples are the number one fruit of choice for Americans. Apple juice consumption in 2015, in fact, totaled 14 pounds, which is equal to 1.6 gallons, per person. In comparison, fresh apple consumption totaled 10.7 pounds per person that year. In addition, the average American consumed 3.3 pounds of canned, dried, and frozen apples that same year.
- One of the top reasons to follow the recommended U.S. Dietary Guidelines is that these recommendations also indicate that an intake of at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day are associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Orange juice was the most popular juice overall for Americans in the year 2015. In fact, the average person drank 23.7 pounds, the equivalent of 2.7 gallons, that year.
- With regular use of an automatic citrus juicer it is easier to make sure that you meet the recommendations from MyPlate.gov, which indicates that one four-ounce serving of 100% fruit juice equals one serving of fruit. In fact, with the best juicers you can make certain that you are getting the nutrients from 100% fruit juices that are filled with the same nutrients that can be found in whole fruit.
An automatic citrus juicer is a really smart investment if you are trying to follow a more healthy diet. Your purchase, though, will be wasted if you leave the unopened box sitting on top of the refrigerator in the garage!