Purchasing online meat packages is that way that many families budget their food spending month by month. Instead of waiting and watching for local meat markets to announce sales, some budget conscious families instead order online meat packages that can be scheduled for convenient delivery once a week on once a month. In fact, bulk meat packages have long been the approach that many families have used. Even before online ordering was available, many families worked with local butchers to purchase whole and half cows or hogs as an affordable way to have meat for a month or more at a time.
Ordering Online Steak Bundles Allows Family Cooks to Plan Meals Days in Advance
Even the Americans who are increasing the amount of vegetables and fruit that they eat at every meal, still rely on high quality protein. By purchasing their meat from local butchers or from online providers, both home cooks and professional chefs can plan and budget their meals more accurately.
Consider these facts and figures about the meat industry and the eating and purchasing habits of consumers across the country and around the world:
- Cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep are the “big four” in the livestock industry.
- The average American consumed approximately 198 pounds of meat in 2014, according to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- 91% of beef farms and ranches in the U.S. are family-owned.
- 11% of beef ranches are operated by women.
- More than 70% of American households will make use of online food shopping within the next 10 years, according to Nielsen’s “The Digitally Engaged Food Shopper” report.
- $60 billion was the total value of U.S. calf and cattle production in the year 2015.
- The protein content of cooked, lean beef ranges from 26% to 27%
- 913,246 is the total number of calf and cattle operations in the U.S.
Meal planning is always a challenge, and when it comes to budgeting for the meat that you serve the planning can be even more difficult. By purchasing online meat bundles you can provide the meals that your family loves at the prices that you can afford.
Research more here.